Tuesday 20 June 2017

How I got my Blog Post to Go Viral with only two Minutes of Work ~ GNIITHELP

The thing everyone wants when they write a blog post, to go viral! While there are a lot of different ways to get a post to go viral I am going to share with you one of the easiest ways and it requires very little effort or time. I recently had a blog post of mine go viral on Medium and I will be using that in my example.
I only spent 2 minutes on this method and it went viral. I’m assuming you have 2 minutes to spare!

Quality, Relatable, or Emotional Response

First make sure your post is viral worthy. From my experience and watching things go viral it usually needs to be either quality content (research or case studies), something people can relate to, or funny/sad. Oddly enough a lot of people get this part right and they fail on the next part, which is promotion. Which is required if you want it to go viral.

Promoting Your Blog Post

Promotion is the piece people never get right. I would say that promotion comes hand in hand with SEO now. Or maybe your in a niche that is so competitive you can’t rank for it. Your only option then is promotion. I have so many people ask me why their amazing content isn’t getting shared or getting traffic and the first thing I ask them is…

“What have you done to promote it?”

And their answer always is… “I shared it to Facebook.”
sigh gif
And that’s where it ends. Most likely their Facebook has a couple hundred likes and that is where their awesome blog post goes to die.

The One Method I Used to Go Viral

This strategy has worked for me multiple times and it is so simple I almost feel stupid posting it. But I am also writing this so I can send it to my clients.
I recently wrote an article about my recent health struggles with Ulcerative Colitis. I called it “An Entrepreneurs Struggle with Ulcerative Colitis.” I decided to publish this on Medium (I have now moved this article to my new nogluten.io blog) as it has nothing to do with my target audience on this blog. I would categorize my post as both relatable for people with the disease and also emotional as I describe the pain I have gone through. At the very end of the article I gave a mention to CCFA which is an amazing non-profit organization fighting for the cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment