Tuesday 30 May 2017

Why Guest Bloggers are Great for a Blog ~ GNIITHELP

Matt Coddington has written a guest post over at John Chow’s blog on the topic of guest blogging and makes the point that it’s something that is really a win win win situation.
The blogger who does the guest spot wins because it exposes them to a new readership and (as Matt does) if you link back to your blog or if you arrange to have a byline with a link in it you can directly draw traffic back to your own blog as a result. Of course if you’re going to include links in your post make them relevant to the post itself.
JAVA TUTORIAL
The blogger who owns the blog wins because they get to take a break and keep their blog ticking over, they get to involve another blogger (remember giving readers jobs can be a great way to increase ownership of your blog by them) and they get a fresh perspective on their topic.
The reader wins because they get to hear about the topic of the blog from a new angle. Someone once told me (I think it was a parent blogger) that one of the lessons that they learned as a mother was the its not just parents who need a break from kids – its kids who sometimes need a break from parents. I think the same thing applies for bloggers and their reader – as much as your readers might love you – they need a break from you just as much as you need a break from them!
JAVA TUTORIAL
Wondering what else you can do with your blog to give yourself a break? Here’s 7 things I’ve done with my blog while taking a holiday.
PS: it’s only 3 weeks to go until I’m off for my US trip. I’ve already started lining up some guest posters who I think you’ll enjoy hearing from.
Read the full Guest Blogging Series at:

No comments:

Post a Comment